Copyediting Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions, when agreed to and accepted by you (the client) after you enter your full legal name and click “I agree…” will create a binding and legally enforceable contract between you (the client) and Bookfly Design LLC. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before clicking “I agree…” and submitting your form.
1. The client acknowledges he/she has obtained all rights and permissions to publish materials to be used in the project and shall be solely responsible for the materials and the validity of copyrights, trademarks and ownership claimed by the client. Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Bookfly Design LLC and its employees from any and all libel and copyright and permission infringement action resulting from materials client provides. The book material client provides must not be a public domain work (unless client is the original author).
2. All client information and materials are considered confidential and only for use by Bookfly Design LLC to provide a quote or complete a project. Client information and project materials will not be given out or shared with any third party, unless otherwise requested by the client.
3. The editor will correct punctuation, grammar, spelling, usage, typos, and capitalization. The editor may also note problems with clarity, consistency, and word choice. Copyediting does not include fact checking or any other services not specified in this agreement.
4. The editor will make corrections using Microsoft Word Track Changes and return the edited file electronically to the client upon receipt of final payment. Client is responsible for accepting or rejecting all changes once copyediting is complete.
5. Bookfly Design LLC’s fee for copyediting services is $0.015 per word. (Word count is determined by Microsoft Word’s “word count” feature and is based on the length of the manuscript before editing begins.)
6. All documents are edited to a high standard. Editors provide the best possible service to the best of their ability and cannot guarantee that the written documents are “perfect” or “without error.” Bookfly Design LLC provides no guarantee that the client’s work will be completely error-free.
7. Bookfly Design LLC retains the right to use client’s name and book title on Bookfly’s website and to market and promote our services.
8. Bookfly Design LLC is not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including loss of revenues or profits, loss of business or reputation, or loss of data, in any way related to our services. Bookfly Design LLC is not responsible for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or any other inaccuracies appearing on our site or in our clients’ written documents, including without limitation as a result of any breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
9. Client agrees to pay an initial deposit of half the total cost before work will begin on the project. The remaining balance is due upon completion of manuscript editing. Bookfly Design LLC will not release finished files to the client or other parties until final payment has been received. The final payment is also final approval of the project, and this contract will be considered fulfilled and thus, terminated. Bookfly Design LLC retains the right to discontinue, withhold, or suspend services for any account should payments not be paid for a contracted job in the order specified in this agreement.
10. The client or Bookfly Design LLC may cancel this agreement at any time by providing written notice to the other party. If either client or Bookfly Design LLC cancels a project before work has started, neither the client nor Bookfly Design LLC is under further obligation to the other, and this contract will be considered cancelled.
11. If the client should stop or cancel an editing job once it has started, the client will pay for the work completed through the date of cancellation.
12. This agreement is the entire agreement of all parties. No additional promises or conditions, written or oral, apply to this agreement that are not included herein.
MODIFICATION OF AGREEMENT
13. Modification of any provisions of this agreement is not valid and enforceable unless confirmed in writing and signed by all parties either in hardcopy or by e‐signature.
14. The finding of any provision of this agreement to be invalid or unenforceable does not render the remaining provisions invalid or unenforceable.
15. Once you have read and agree to the terms and conditions and have no further questions, please click “I agree” and submit. Once initial payment has been received, your project will commence as scheduled.